The onboard Finance team oversees the crew payroll process and you are paid every other week, in U.S. dollars, based on a payroll calendar.
Pay Cards and Accounts
Crew members receive their pay via a 'Pay Card' or via direct deposit into a U.S. bank account. Once you embark the ship, you will activate your Pay Card, and learn more about how it works and/or have the opportunity to set up direct deposit.Show More
With your Pay Card, you will be able to:
- Withdraw cash from any ATM that displays the Visa logo, including onboard ATMs located in crew areas onboard the ships; NOTE: an ATM is not available on the island.
- Use your card to make purchases anywhere Visa is accepted: in stores and online (Credit requires a signature OR Debit requires a 4-digit PIN)
- Do free over-the-counter withdrawals or cash advances at ANY bank that accepts Visa in the U.S. and internationally
- Transfer or wire money from your payroll card account to another financial account (US or internationally) for a small fee
- Elect to have a second Pay Card or Companion Card issued; this card will be tied to your Pay Card account and can be used by a spouse, domestic partner, etc.
Money to Bring
Remember to bring enough money (in U.S. dollars) to pay for at least two weeks of personal expenses (shore and ship), as pay distribution is based upon a payroll calendar.
Each crew member is provided a crew account which allows you to make onboard purchases (in the crew store, crew bar and/or guest merchandise locations). Once you embark the ship, you will be provided additional information regarding how to use your account, and settle outstanding charges each month. Crew onboard account balances can be paid via Pay Card, cash or credit card.
For the most part, all Disney Cruise Line ships use a cashless system for charging purchases to your crew account. The exception to this is for the purchases of onboard SIM cards for crew phones or Ocean Phone cards. Cash is required for these purchases!
All crew members are responsible for paying their own taxes and for complying with all laws of their country of residence, including without limitation, those relating to income taxes, social security and/or national insurance taxes and fees. U.S. Federal tax withholding is required for all U.S. citizens, residents and U.S. passport holders. If you have questions regarding taxes, please consult a tax expert in your country. Due to the complexity of tax requirements by each country, Disney Cruise Line is unable to provide tax assistance or advice.